I love a good laugh, and having a sense of humor always gets me through the ups and downs of life. My father used to say I had a banana peel sense of humor, and I have to admit I do. It must be hereditary, because he had an outrageous sense of humor, and so do most of my kids. (They have always tortured me on April Fool, with THE MOST outrageous tricks and pranks). I’m not a practical joker, but there is nothing I like more than a good laugh. And as you know, I love quotes, clever, touching, wise, inspirational, or funny things people have said. I have a brilliant literary agent, who is wonderful at what he does, and among the many things I love about him is his sense of humor. He tells the best jokes. He recently sent me these quotes, which had me laughing out loud when I read them. And I thought you might enjoy them too. Have a great week!!!
– “As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind: Every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder.” John Glenn
– “America is the only country where a significant proportion of the population believes that professional wrestling is real, but the moon landing was faked.” David Letterman
– “I’m not a paranoid, deranged millionaire. I’m a billionaire.” Howard Hughes
– “The only reason they say ‘Women and Children First’ is to test the strength of the lifeboats.” Jean Kerr
– “I’ve been married to a Communist and a Fascist, and neither would take out the garbage.” Zsa Zsa Gabor
– “When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s a either a new car or a new wife.” Prince Phillip
– “Lawyers believe a man is innocent until proven broke.” Robin Hal
– “Having more money doesn’t make you happier. I have 50 million dollars, but I’m just as happy as when I had 48 million.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
– “We are here on earth to do good unto others. What the others are here for, I have no idea.” WH Auden
– “If life were fair, Elvis would still be alive today, and all the impersonators would be dead.” Johnny Carson.
– “Home cooking is where many a man thinks his wife is.” Jimmy Durante
– “If God had intended us to fly, he would have made it easier to get to the airport.” Jonathan Winters